Join us for the College Team’s Spring College Night Series!
- College Night – Tuesday, March 29 – 6:30 pm
- Financial Aid Night/Scholarships – Wednesday, April 6 – 6:30 pm
- Navigating Support Programs/Scholarships For Low Income & First Generation Students – Wednesday, April 13 – 6:30 pm
- IEP Support in the College Process – Wednesday, May 4 – 6:30 pm
For Zoom information, please contact the College Office at email@example.com.
These college nights are geared towards 11th grade parents and students, but everyone is welcome to join.
The College Office wants to remind you of some important upcoming dates of events we are hosting.
College Financing (geared towards 11th grade families, others are welcome)
Tuesday May, 4th 6:30pm
Navigating College Opportunity Programs for First Generation and Low Income Students (geared towards 11th grade families)
Tuesday May, 11th 6:30pm
Introduction to the College Process (what to expect: for 9th and 10th grade families)
Wednesday May, 19th 6:30 pm
Virtual College Fair (all are welcome)
Tuesday June 8th, 6:00pm
Watch your email for Zoom links!
From Ms. Nieves:
I want to share with you some awesome information about a summer success program. Here is the information below.
The Expanded Horizons College Success program is recruiting current 9th and 10th graders!
Our final information session of the school year for interested students is Friday, March 19th at 4:30pm. Interested students must register for the info session HERE.
Please reach out to EHorizonsHSS@gmail.com with any Expanded Horizons-related questions!
About Expanded Horizons:
The Expanded Horizons College Success program at Henry Street Settlement is a comprehensive eight-year program designed to ensure that high school students are a) college-ready and admitted to a college that fits their interests and abilities, and b) successfully graduating from that post secondary institution on time.
Expanded Horizons is currently recruiting students who are:
– 9th and 10th graders
– Living and/or attending school on the Lower East Side (with few exceptions)
– Interested in receiving assistance in choosing best fit colleges through individualized counseling
– Interested in youth leadership, social justice, and participating in additional program events and opportunities
– Able to commit to attending after school programming at least 1-2 days a week
Let me know if you need any help with the application.